A couple of weekends ago I fancied doing some baking but wanted to try something brand new, something that I’d never had or even considered before. After a bit of a browse through Pinterest I decided on these delicious looking chocolate and peanut butter biscuits from Tasty Kitchen, the combination sounded so delicious that I couldn’t not make them. Unbelievably I’ve never had a chocolate and peanut butter cake or biscuit before – crazy really considering my obsession with both food items when eaten separately. Anyway I followed the below recipe to the letter and they turned out tasting absolutely delicious. Perhaps they could have been a bit thicker, so they weren’t quite so chewy but I don’t think that did any harm as they were getting compliments left, right and center!
You will need:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 pack milk chocolate chips
- Simply mix the peanut butter, sugar, baking powder, egg and cocoa powder in a bowl with an electric mixer – a Kitchen Aid would work far better than our hand-held one!!
- Once all these ingredients are combined place the mixture in the fridge for an hour
- Place balls of the mixture on a lined baking tray and flatten with the back of a wet spoon until about 1cm thick (we made about 20 biscuits)
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Bake at 175°C for 8 minutes
I defy you not to love the biscuits, they are delicious and super chewy!
– Fi x