As we’re still in the deepest darkest depths of Winter, oh no sorry scratch that, what I meant to say is that: now that we’re in MAY and Spring has disappeared this recipe is absolutely perfect for those lovely evenings spent freezing on the sofa. This was actually a recipe created by the littlest sibling of us CBE bloggers but we of course
stole it put our own twist on it to make it blog ready. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s super quick, incredibly cheap and full of flavour, three key indicators of a pretty awesome meal if you ask me!! We hope you enjoy it and thanks to the sisterling for the awesome meal suggestion.
1 garlic clove
1/2 an onion
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin green lentils
1 tin passata
a handful of new potatoes
- Fry the garlic and onion until soft
- Add the spices (however much you fancy), mushrooms and red pepper and fry for five minutes
- Throw in the kidney beans, lentils and passata and leave to simmer down – about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the sausages (fry, grill, bake, BBQ(!)) and boil the new potatoes.
- Once the potatoes and sausages are done, chop up and throw in with the bean mixture to soak up the flavours.
- Eat – see I told you it was easy peasy.
You might think it’s weird that there’s no rice with this dish but actually with the potatoes you don’t need any more carbs, I promise from one carb-aholic to another just the potatoes is fine!
p.s. I couldn’t include a picture as it’s not the most aesthetically pleasing dish or more true: I don’t have the photography skills necessary for making it look anything other than a tomato based bowl of stew!