When I sat down to do a monthly update on what we’re we’ve eaten and what new things we’ve baked over the last month, I was a little shocked to see that we haven’t posted anything new this month. Oops. This reads like all we’ve done this week is eat jacket potatoes and cheese or takeaways, which is only half-true I promise! In fact this month has been fairly busy and has seen us out and about a lot so our eating out list is fairly epic. We’ve also been trying some new bits and bobs, which we’ll be posting about iminently, I promise. So the month of June looks a bit like the below in terms of foody fun!
- London delights: Zizzi’s for lunch, Pizza Express for dinner (both have good GF menus don’t you know!), The Serpentine Bar and Kitchen for scrumptious steak sandwiches (read about a past visit here), Leon for their fabulous sharing dishes, a family farewell dinner at Carluccio’s – I could literally just live off their gnocchi, it’s that good. Lau also headed to the Udderbelly Beer Garden and Belugo’s at Waterloo and I made another pit stop to both Pizza Express for a ‘healthy’ pizza and also Giraffe. I think the stand out delight in our eating month had to be Del’Aziz in Clapham Old Town, the food, decor and atmosphere were all absolutely perfect!
- Other UK hotspots: A picnic in the shadows of Bath Abbey, Dinner at the Hop Pole, a delightful country pub in Limpley Stoke, Sandwiches in Marlborough and pre-theatre sandwiches on The South Bank
- Our own concoctions: Fish finger sandwiches (yes again!), more freshly baked bread, Morning rolls, Lemon and Lime Poppyseed cake (recipe to come), Eton Mess, a layered cake version of my peanut butter and chocolate chip cupcakes, raisin and oatmeal biscuits (again I will write this recipe up asap!) and yummy homemade popcorn with agave syrup – delicious!
- New foodie discoveries: Having ignored them for years we’ve both fallen hard for iced coffees this month. I know this isn’t massively exciting BUT for two non-coffee drinkers up until December this is an amazing discovery. Since first tasting them on Saturday, we’ve consumed five between us….
- Things that have outraged us this month: the discovery that our Aussie cousin thinks it’s perfectly acceptable to eat ice cream and hot custard together. Yes really. I mean what the hell is that about. I’m actually concerned that we are related.