In the sunshine there’s nothing I love more than packing a picnic and sitting outside – whether at the beach or in the park. It’s pure bliss. Sadly during the most recent warm weather I’ve been incredibly busy so haven’t had time to get my picnic hat on BUT that doesn’t mean I’ve not thought about it! For my ultimate afternoon of picnicking I would require the following:
- Homemade coronation chicken and a crusty French stick. AKA the food of the gods. Somehow this simple dish is like food heaven for me.
- Leftover sausages. Preferably Bombay Bangers from the butchers in my parents village. Exceptionally tasty, even Lau (recent sausage convert) would agree.
- Quiche or some form of eggy pastry. Goats cheese and egg puff pastry parcels are equally as scrumptious as a Quiche Lorraine.
- Mint jelly sandwiches. Accompanied by some form of meat obviously, chicken, lamb or beef I’m not fussy. The mint is the key item in here.
- Pesto and mozzarella rice. Literally those three ingredients, although Mary Berry’s pesto dressing is preferable to a jar of pesto. Scrumptious.
- Cake. No preference on which. Just some form of cakes loveliness please.
And finally this amazing picnic rug to laze on – who knew they did a hedgehog print! Oh how I love Anorak’s products.