So another month has flown by and we’re now about to embark on March – what the actual what is going on with that?! How on earth is this year going so fast – crazy times indeed! As is the CBE way we need to round-up all our cooking, baking and eating loveliness in one post, so here goes!
We started this month with an awesome long weekend in the Peak District, which basically revolved around food… We started with a Wagamama’s, where we all tried something new, all of which were scrumptious. My dish was the Chicken Teriyaki, scrumptious! This was swiftly followed by (in no particular order) homemade lasagna, American sweets, coffee in our wellies, pulled pork, cooked breakfasts and pancakes, homemade veggie soup, doorstop sandwiches, a chinese takeaway, crisps, biscuits, bourbon brownies and a rediscovery of scrumptious Shreddies. It really was an amazing weekend of food stuffs!
Apart from a weekend of food in the Peak District our foodie month has been made up of:
- Cooking a ham, chicken, leek, mushroom and mushroom soup pie
- Blending tonnes of smoothies
- Treating ourselves to a cooked breakfast (for lunch) after epic runs
- Sampling our very first Chicken Balti Pukka pie at the football
- Baking chewy chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies (recipe here)
- Eating out at Bill’s, Wahaca, Nando’s, Del’Aziz and Camellia’s Tea House
- Tucking into the biggest roast chicken with all the trimmings courtesy of the parentals
- Being good and taking salads for lunch
- Remembering how perfect an iced coffee can be with our first ones of 2014
Phew, what a month for food – no wonder I’m so exhausted after all of that lot! What about you what have been your top food moments from the last month?
– Fi xx